Target Heat Mitigation Project
Like Martin Ruiz

Target Heat Mitigation Project

Target Heat Mitigation Project

Description:

Published: May 4, 2018 0 0 190
By: Martin Ruiz, Cal Poly Pomona
Hashtags: #Construction #ConstructionManagement #Efficiency #Electrical #Management #Mechanical #plumbing

As a project Engineer I ran a total 7 million dollars worth of MEP tenant improvements that consisted of upgrading 4 separate Target distribution centers. This project added air handling units, HVLS fans, and rooftop units to these facilities in order to cool down the buildings for Target's busy Summer time. I was hands on with the project from the very beginning of the buyout phase all the way to the closeout phase. My responsibilities was to manage the entire process of bidding and awarding, setting up the projects budget, writing scopes of work, requesting information from the design team, writing and awarding contracts, handling change orders, product submittals, tracking procurement of materials, tracking project costs, and making sure the required paperwork was always up to date for safety as well as insurance purposes. The project schedule was met and came in under our original budget.