Particle Image Velocimetry Senior Project 2020
Like Xavier Quintana

Description:

Published: July 11, 2020 1 0 120
By: Xavier Quintana, Cal Poly Pomona
Hashtags: #Design #Engineering #Project #Teamwork

This project was started in 2018 and was used to update the Cal Poly Pomona Subsonic Wind Tunnel with an advanced Particle Image Velocimetry (PIV) System from LaVision and was donated by Air Force Research Lab and various donors. I was apart of the initial safety team to work with the university regulations to be able to use a Class IV Laser inside the wind tunnel. The safety team contributed student designed Laser curtains and interlock system to protect students during testing. The next year I was able to become Lead Systems Engineer where I would run the weekly general meeting and create the project schedule. I would lead the systems team to produce the documentations for other Senior Projects to use the PIV system for testing and also help to bring the PIV tests into the aerospace curriculum. I would use Microsoft Project to create the schedule for project and report weekly the schedule and budget. I would also contribute my help to the team when testing was needed and to analyze necessary data for a formal test report. I was point of contact for the team questions and report format. This project through my help would create a 3-D printed F-22 model for testing and be able to use a new pressure software to convert velocity data into pressure data across test body. The system would use ANSYS CFD to verify the raw data and would be calibrated before testing.

Likers

Xavier Quintana