LA4782: Food is Life: Part A
Like Benjamin Ramos

LA4782: Food is Life: Part A

LA4782: Food is Life: Part A

Description:

Published: September 12, 2020 2 0 50
By: Benjamin Ramos, Cal Poly Pomona

The food I selected was sopa de fideo. This is a Spanish dish that consist of thin noodles that are marinated and cooked in a soup broth that consists of tomatoes, onion, garlic, and sometimes other vegetables. I would consider it a staple food as well as a comfort food. The reason I picked this dish is because I remember eating it all the time as a child and still do. It is a very simple dish and can be eaten warm or cold and easily fills you up if you’re hungry and it can be used as a side when making meals. I remember my grandma and mom always make sopa de fideo for lunch and breakfast whenever my brother or I were hungry, and we would often have sopa if we were having a Mexican dish. The best time to eat sopa I would say is on a cool gloomy fall afternoon. The warmth of the sopa and flavor from the tomatoes and onions that had marinated the noodles would coat your palette and slide easily into your stomach and warm your body making me feel at peace and satisfied. There are many variations of this dish and each person can make it unique for themselves.

Attachments:

Food_is_Life_Part_A.pdf 19.0 MB

Tagged Teammates:

• Sam Harris

Likers

Jesus Gutierrez Sam Harris