Current strategies of stormwater management take a holistic approach in order to address the complex series of issues of water quality and supply in urban areas. Some of the primary objectives of stormwater management include:
1. Reduce flooding to protect people and property
2. Reduce pressure and demand on public stormwater drainage systems by treating stormwater on site
3. Recharge groundwater aquifers
4. Prevent pollution from entering storm drains, rivers, and other waterways that drain to the ocean
5. Promote environmental stewardship and sustainability
A case study was prepared to explain the issues, benefits, and other components that Commercial Rainwater Harvesting addresses.