IT COMPETITION @ CPP 2014
Like Kevin Ferris

IT COMPETITION @ CPP 2014

IT COMPETITION @ CPP 2014

Description:

Published: April 16, 2014 8 0 946
By: Kevin Ferris,
Hashtags: #2014 #Analysis #Business #Cal #Competition #IT #kjferris #MISSA #Poly #Systems

My business systems analysis team won first place against USC creating and presenting a RFP response as a mock consulting firm concerning the usage of Big Data Analytics. My three teammates and I competed against USC in this year's IT Competition hosted by MISSA in the category of business systems analysis. We placed first! Below is a summary of the case:

A fictitious company quickly implemented a big data and analytics system into their e-commerce business. Two blunders attached to its use led to dramatic tangible losses to the company including loss of consumer trust, legal investigation, loss of shareholder confidence, and a significant drop in stock value. The executives of this company became unsure of BD&A as a result and drafted a RFP to find a competent consulting team who can educate managers and bring the BD&A system back under control.

The primary deliverable of this competition was a RFP response along with an oral presentation to judge panel made up of five industry professionals.

Likers

Sally Goodale (Xu) Juan Ortega Danial Esmaeili Bruno Rhafael Muhammad Atif Ariana E Jideofo Okonkwo Royce Rowan