Published: January 4, 2020
favorite0 forum0 poll159
By: Tasnia Ponkti, California Polytechnic State University Pomona
Category: Electrical Engineering
This is a final independent class project I did as part of the EE7150 Digital Image Processing Class. I put together an elaborate MATLAB based algorithm for PCA (Eigenface) and LDA (Fisherface) base face recognition/detection and analysis. The following is the PowerPoint I presented during class along with a project report and code which I had submitted.
Face DataBase Downloadable Links
1.Face94 check no. 10 from reference
2.AT&T-ORL DATABASE OF FACES check no. 4 from reference
3.PubFig83 check no. 8 from reference
4.Yale/FERET Face Database check no. and 9 from reference
● M. Turk and A. Pentland, Eigenfaces for Recognition, Journal of Cognitive Neuroscience, 3(1), 1991.
● M. Turk and A. Pentland, Face Recognition using Eigenfaces, IEEE Conference on Computer Vision and PatternRecognition, Maui, HI, June 1991.
● L. Sirovich and M. Kirby, Low-dimensional Procedure for the Characterization of Human Faces, Journal of the OpticalSociety of America A, 4:519--524, 1987
● Slavkovic, Marijeta & Jevtić, Dubravka. (2012). Face Recognition Using Eigenface Approach*. Serbian Journal ofElectrical Engineering. 9. 121-130. 10.2298/SJEE1201121S
● P.N. Belhumeur, J.P. Hespanha, D.J. Kriegman, Eigenfaces vs. Fisherfaces: Recognition using Class Specific LinearProjection, Proc. of the 4th European Conference on Computer Vision, ECCV'96, 15-18 April 1996, Cambridge, UK, pp.45-58
● W. Zhao, A. Krishnaswamy, R. Chellappa, D.L. Swets, J. Weng, Discriminant Analysis of Principal Components for FaceRecognition, Face Recognition: From Theory to Applications, H. Wechsler, P.J. Phillips, V. Bruce, F.F. Soulie, and T.S. Huang, eds.,Springer-Verlag, Berlin, 1998, pp. 73-85
●Aleix M. MartõÂnez, and Avinash C. Kak, PCA Vs LDA, IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON PATTERN ANALYSIS AND MACHINEINTELLIGENCE, VOL. 23, NO. 2, FEBRUARY 2001
● Nicolas Pinto, Zak Stone, Todd Zickler, and David D. Cox, "Scaling Up Biologically-Inspired Computer Vision: A Case Study inUnconstrained Face Recognition on Facebook", Proc. Workshop on Biologically Consistent Vision (in conjunction with CVPR),2011.
● P. N. Bellhumer, J. Hespanha, and D. Kriegman. Eigenfaces vs. fisherfaces: Recognition using class specific linear projection.IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, Special Issue on Face Recognition, 17(7):711--720, 1997.
● Barnouti, Al-Dabbagh, Matti, Naser, Face Detection and Recognition Using Viola-Jones with PCA-LDA and Square EuclideanDistance, (IJACSA) International Journal of Advanced Computer Science and Applications, Vol. 7, No. 5, 2016