Published: July 10, 2018
favorite1 forum0 poll147
By: Allen Chen, Cal Poly Pomona
• Initiated MathMovesU STEM outreach program with Raytheon Integrated Defense – San Diego, CA.
• Project goal was to build 13 compact rovers that can be used for practicing entry-level programing.
• Created 350 parts CAD assembly of the 8×9×5in rovers via Autodesk Inventor.
• Increased the rate of production by a factor of 4 by redesigning the original 3D-printed rover chassis with new unique laser cut, interlocking-nut structure.
• Assisted the volunteers at Raytheon hosting the outreach event the first two months, 60 middle schoolers per month was introduced to the STEM field by attending the full-day event.