Published: October 26, 2018
favorite0 forum0 poll91
By: Cristian Herrera, California State Polytechnic University-Pomona
Category: Mechanical Engineering
· The purpose of this project was to design, propose and build an automatic disk-selecting device that would select good disks from bad disks from a rotating table.
· A “Bad disk" was a quarter inch acrylic disk, 3 inches in diameter, that had 10% of material missing from an edge defect. A "good dick" was a complete disk.
· The selector utilized nails, as probes to test each disk, which would complete a circuit if a disk was defective.
· A servo was programed, through an Arduino microcontroller, to sweep any defected disk off the table based on the data from the probes.
· A solid models of the entire assembly were created, along with engineering drawings.