Published: October 28, 2018
favorite0 forum0 poll85
By: Cristian Herrera, California State Polytechnic University-Pomona
Category: Mechanical Engineering
· Aluminum was melted in a furnace and green sand casting was used to create a rough cast of a miniature pickup truck.
· Once the cast was made a milling machine was used to refine the outside surface of the truck.
· A lathe was used on a rod of aluminum to make the wheels of the truck.
· Sheet metal was cut and then bent into the shape of a truck bed
· On one side of the sheet metal truck bed, the metal was secured using rivets, on the other side it was secured using spot welds.
· Once the truck was completed, a stand was made to hold the truck. This was done using 11 GA steel and welded using MIG welding.